SmokeCheck® and PurCheck®
To Use: From a distance of 2 to 4 ft. (.6-1.2m) aim spray for 1-2 seconds at the vents on side of the detector. Alarm will sound within 1 to 10 seconds if the detector is functioning properly.
- Slide Co-Check® can into Enclosed Delivery Test Head (HO-VTE1) with actuator pointed toward clear plastic bowl.
- Replace the Can Cap and screw clockwise to tighten until you hear a slight release of aerosol, back of cap counterclockwise approximate 1/2 of a turn.
- Place Enclosed Delivery Test Head (HO-VTE1) around the Carbon Monoxide Detector and push up, actuating the aerosol for approximately 3 to 5 seconds.
- Leave in place for 5 to 10 minutes or as instructed by manufacturer. If the alarm is functioning properly then the alarm will sound.
For detectors with speed up mode option:
- insert the straw into the nozzle on the can
- aim the straw to the speed up mode slot.
- spray once into the slot and wait for detector to go into alarm.
If detector is functioning properly, your detector should sound within 25 seconds. (Average response time 12 seconds).